Weeding Cloths in Garden Landscapes
Weeding cloth is a woven fabric of polypropylene fibers, which can prevent weeds from growing while being water-permeable and breathable.
Weeding cloth is not a material that every family will use, but its function is very powerful and necessary.
When we decorate the garden, we often have to take measures because of the growth of weeds, and this trouble can be completely avoided by using weeding cloth.
What is a weeding cloth?
The function of the weeding cloth is just like its name, it can prevent weeds from growing by shading the sun. Weeding cloth is also called Weed Barrier cloth, Weed Mat.
Weeding cloth is a cloth woven with polypropylene tape. Because polypropylene can block sunlight, weeds under the Weed Mat cannot get sunlight, so they will stop growing.
And the plants we need can be placed in the holes of the weed mat, and their growth will not be affected at all.
Weed cloth has good water permeability and air permeability, which can effectively prevent plant roots from hypoxia or water accumulation.
4 Roles of Weeding Cloths in Garden Landscapes
Weeding cloth is often used as a ground cover for landscaping because of its excellent weeding properties. It has 4 main functions
- Inhibit the growth of weeds and maintain the long-term beauty of the landscape. By inhibiting the growth of weeds, it ensures that no weeds spoil the beauty of the landscape. Weeding cloth has a lifespan of more than 5 years, which keeps the landscape in top condition for a long time.
- Improve soil composition. Weeding cloth can keep the soil moist while inhibiting the growth of weeds. The moist soil allows beneficial microorganisms to create more nutrients.
- Keep water, reduce water evaporation and save water consumption. Through the mulching of weeding cloth, the evaporation of water can be reduced, thereby reducing the overhead of water.
- Fix the gravel to prevent the gravel from moving. Many garden landscaping will require a gravel mulch to enhance aesthetics and increase water penetration. Weeding cloth can prevent the movement of gravel, which can better arrange the landscape.
How to distinguish the quality of weeding cloth?
High-quality weeding cloth needs to meet the following characteristics.
- Higher fabric weight. The weight of high-quality weeding cloth is above 120GSM. Higher gram weight means thicker fabric and better shading effect.
- Higher fiber density. A higher fiber count per square inch means better softness and toughness, higher water permeability and breathability. This is more conducive to the growth of plant roots.
- Better raw material ratio, through the participation of UV stabilizer, can greatly increase the service life of the weeding cloth.
- More complete packaging, complete packaging tends to have good quality, including labels and bags. Poor imitations often do not have good packaging.
Weeding cloth is a powerful landscape material, landscape cloth. It can be used to help us maintain the state of the landscape and thrive. We are a professional landscape fabric manufacturer, able to provide wholesalers and retailers with the most competitive products. Only good products can generate profits, and bad products can only generate after-sales.
If you are interested in our products, you are welcome to consult.